File Name: The Good Neighbor.pdf
File Size: 55,6 Mb
Total Read : 77
Total Download : 470
Uploaded: Saturday, 29-04-2017 New
Status: AVAILABLE Last checked: 20 Minutes ago!
Rating: 4.2/5 from 25430 votes.
Named by Harper’s Bazaar as a book that could be the next Gone Girl.
From a phenomenal new voice in suspense fiction comes a book that will forever change the way you look at the people closest to you…
Shadow Cove, Washington, is the kind of town everyone dreams about—quaint streets, lush forests, good neighbors. That’s what Sarah thinks as she settles into life with her new husband, Dr. Johnny McDonald. But all too soon she discovers an undercurrent of deception. And one October evening when Johnny is away, sudden tragedy destroys Sarah’s happiness.
Dazed and stricken with grief, she and Johnny begin to rebuild their shattered lives. As she picks up the pieces of her broken home, Sarah discovers a shocking secret that forces her to doubt everything she thought was true—about her neighbors, her friends, and even her marriage. With each stunning revelation, Sarah must ask herself, Can we ever really know the ones we love?
29 Comments Comment
Finally I get this ebook, thanks for all these The Good Neighbor I can get now!
I was suspicious at first when I got redirected to the membership site. Now I'm really excited I found this online library....many thanks Kisses
I did not think that this would work, my best friend showed me this website, and it does! I get my most wanted eBook
I found out about Playster in the New York times and I'm very happy about it: “One of the newest contenders in the crowded field, a company based in Montreal called Playster, offers music, games, TV shows, movies and e-books through its service. Playster recently struck a deal with HarperCollins to include 14,000 backlist books in its service.”
My friends are so mad that they do not know how I have all the high quality ebook which they do not!
I stumbled upon Playster 2 months ago. I've upgraded to a premium membership already. The platform now carries audiobooks from: Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, HarperCollins UK, Recorded Books, Tantor, and Highbridge. HarperCollins US titles are already in the library. Great service.
so many fake sites. this is the first one which worked! Many thanks
wtffff i do not understand this!
884 of 964 people found the following review helpful.
I got fooled.
By Tom Turnip
I truly don't understand the hype for this book. Here are a few of its many sins:
- Flaccid, lifeless prose.
- Crammed to bursting with tedious, frivolous detail about the narrator's tedious, frivolous suburban life.
- Protagonist can hear everything said by someone atop a cliff, over a raging thunderstorm, as she is drowning in a violent river. (No spoilers here; that's in the prologue.)
- Clumsy, inept foreshadowing that destroys any chance for drama. They say when your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. Well, this book’s foreshadowing is what happens when the author has nothing but a big, heavy hammer: "This isn’t over yet. I feel something worse coming on. Only this time it’s not going to be a tree or a fire. It’s going to be less obvious, something insidious."
- Contrived, wooden dialog. See above.
- A double homicide is investigated by a fire marshal. Don't most towns have some kind of department that specializes in police work? What's it called, again? Someone should tell the author.
- Every female character is shallow, beautiful, hyper-sexualized, and a threat to the narrator’s marriage. The narrator rarely visualizes another woman without specifying which sexy outfit she pictures her in. If written by a man, one would wonder if the author had ever met an actual woman, or just researched them by watching General Hospital.
- “I grabbed a brick from the Kimballs’ side garden, and dropped it in my sweatshirt pocket as I climbed.” One wonders if the author has ever met an actual brick, or just assumed they are made portable for the suburban woman on the go.
- The fire marshal (rather hilariously) spoils the ending to Backdraft. Does that mean spoilers are acceptable here? Because I identified her perpetrator in chapter 6.
I don't like to be so negative, but this book is so over-praised that it seems necessary to give warning. It's possible that a passable writer lives somewhere inside the author, because occasionally a decent bit of phrasing gets through the filter, but this book isn't her voice.
28 of 29 people found the following review helpful.
Reads like fan fiction
By Lynn M
I truly hate to diss on any author's hard work, but this book read like fan fiction. The story was contrived, and although billed as a thriller, it was too formulaic to "thrill". The main character was too whiny and over eager to see her husband as capable of infidelity. I was hoping he'd leave her just to keep her quiet! The characters were superficial, and unfortunately the dialogue read like something a first year creative writing student would write. I raced through it (skimming most of it to avoid the superfluous story lines interwoven throughout) to see if my guess was right. It was. It was very obvious, and not a surprise. I wish the author the best, but I would not recommend this book.
17 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
This book is like eating Jelly Bellys
This book is like eating Jelly Bellys. You can't eat just one. You just keep going. You know they're empty calories. You know you're just eating sugar. After the first bunch they stop tasting so good. Yet your hand keeps moving to your mouth and popping another one in. Until, your stomach starts feeling sick. Yes, this book is just like that. Junk food for the brain. Feels good at first but you soon realize how empty it is and how the enjoyment has stopped.
Certain content that appears on this Landing Page comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content prvoided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time.
This Landing Page serve the products as Amazon Associates.
Product prices and availability are accurate and served realtime from Amazon Services. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
We also record usage data such as the pages visited. This information is completely anonymous.
Any information we hold is secured in accordance with our internal security policy.
We does not sell any information about their customers; as simple as that. We will not forward your details on to any third party at any time.
DMCA Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice (DMCA) If you believe that material available on our sites, infringes on your copyright(s), please notify us by providing a DMCA notice. Upon receipt of a complete and valid notice, we will remove the material and make a good faith attempt to contact the user who uploaded or embedded the material by email.
Your DMCA Notice may be forwarded to the party that made the material available or to third parties .
Our site is a personal review website. As such, before submitting a DMCA notice for material on which you own a copyright, it’s important to consider if the manner in which the material is used falls under fair use. If you are not sure material located on or linked-to by a our site infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney. Please be advised that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing – and we have and will seek to collect those damages.
Send your complaint to our designated agent via email [email protected]
xpro1.info respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on this site, you may notify our copyright agent, as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information when providing notice of the claimed copyright infringement:
* A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
* Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of the infringing activity and that is to be removed
* Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address
* A statement that the complaining party “in good faith believes that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law”
* A statement that the “information in the notification is accurate”, and “under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”
The above information must be submitted as a written, faxed or emailed notification to the following Designated Agent:
Attn: DMCA Office xpro1.info PSC 464 Box 20R, FPO AP 96522 [email protected]
WE CAUTION YOU THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY. This information should not be construed as legal advice, for further details on the information required for valid DMCA notifications, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).
14868 Users Online Now